Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Unwavering faith...Day 23



What's it look like to completely trust God?  


What does it look like to follow where He leads?


For Abraham it looked like living in his well established home, with his beautiful wife, growing business, and family and friends around him...and God said it's time to go.


God revealed to Abraham, that He had given him everything, and it was time for Abraham to go to the place God would show him.  Abraham did as God asked of him.  


He took his wife and left everything that was familiar...not even sure where God had him going, but because he had faith in God he was willing to go.


Faith can be a touchy subject.  Hebrews 11 tells us a lot about faith, it says "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  


The point of having faith is not that we have it...it's where we place our faith.  


Sometimes, I put my faith in things of this world.  I begin to rely on the wrong things...and as the world starts to spin out of control I begin to fear, question and worry, my faith is tested and finally, I remember these truths:

  • God created everything.
  • God is ever present, all knowing, and in control.
  • God sent His son Jesus to die for my sins.
  • God resurrected Jesus, and gave me eternal life through Him.
  • God desires a deep relationship with me.
  • God will not allow me to be taken from His hands.
  • God gave me His word, and it is to be trusted.
  • God is good. 
  • God is love.
  • God is faithful.
 And when I remember those things about God...about my Father, nothing can shake the faith I have in Him.  I can stand firm and confident in what God's word says, in how He works in my life, and that He hears my prayers and petitions.  I can firmly believe that faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains, and I have faith in His will for my life.  


The faith of Abraham is an admirable quality, and God asks us to trust Him and have faith in him for "The LORD preserves the faithful." Psalm 31: 23


How's your faith on Day 23? 


Interested in getting connected with others that can help encourage your faith?  Let us know!


http://www.reallifeministries.com/get-connected

No comments:

Post a Comment