Monday, October 24, 2011

Love story...Day 43






“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 

- Dr. Suess


That's the quote at the top of today's study...and it's all I can focus on.  

I read to fall asleep at night.  I'm a big fan of the classics.  Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, The Great Gatsby, Jane Eyre.  Who doesn't love a good story that's told with such richness and eloquence you find yourself swept away with the characters, the language,  and a great love that transcends time and distance...now that's a great story.

The Bible has been said to be the greatest love story ever told.  

It's a story of God's all consuming love for us.  How God begins a relationship with man and woman and how they ultimately fall out of relationship with their Father.  How the Father rescues his loved ones again and again, to the point where He sends His own son to die for them....so that their relationship is redeemed...and no longer will they be separated from the Father.  That's a good love story.

It's my absolute favorite story...and it's all true.  Elizabeth Bennett might have her Mr. Darcy...but I've got Jesus...the one who laid is life down for me, how could I not love Him?

Which brings me back to the Dr. Suess quote.  There have been times in my life when reading my bible puts me to sleep...but more often lately I can't read my bible because it gets me so fired up for Jesus...so excited about His plan for me, His love for me, His sacrifice for me, His passion for me...I can't possibly sleep.  

So, are you so passionate about the love of Jesus that you can't sleep?  

Do you see his love as reality?  

Does it keep you awake at night, and is it greater than anything you could've dreamed up?  

How are you doing heading into this last week of the 50 Days study?




No comments:

Post a Comment