Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Samson, the Rockhead...Day 31...and a bit of honesty :)

Okay, gotta hold up the blogging boat for a minute and say something.


My name's Heidi and I've been blogging for a while now, personally, and now it's part of my job.  I work for Real Life and someone on staff thought it would be a great idea to start up this blog so there would be a place for people to chat about their "50 Days" journey.  So, I did.  I've been faithfully working on this little blog for a couple of weeks now and we are near 1100 "hits" on the site, which is fantastic news to me.  I've enjoyed being anonymous writing this blog, but I think it's time I pop out of the blogging closet.


The point of all of this is that I am about ready to pull my hair out reading about Samson.   I could relate to Moses, and Abraham, and Solomon...but Samson...oof!  That guy just makes my brain hurt.  I've written and decided to scrap more drafts of blogs on this guy than anything else I've blogged in my entire blogging history (okay, maybe that's not saying much to you, but it does to me!)  


Blogging has been relatively easy for me to do...I pull up the site, pray about what God wants me to say, find a groovy picture, write about what's rumbling around in my little brain, and click the little "publish post" button, and I'm done.  But there's something about Samson that has got me so befuddled and bumbling and unable to write...I feel tied up and frustrated as all get out.


And maybe that's the whole point.  The other characters were easy to write about, but Samson, who couldn't be tied, did so much under his own will and power, finally had something that tied him up...and Samson himself and his qualities are tying up my writing. 


God's using Samson with me...my head's been shaved and I've got to come to the realization that GOD is USING me....it's not me doing anything...so here I am, with my little stubbly head, throwing something down that's honest and real and I don't have anything eloquent or moving or poignant to say...just honesty.  


How are you doing out there in blogging land?  


Has your head been shaved?


How's the stubble feeling growing back in?...mine's a little itchy and uncomfortable and a reminder to me that I am nothing without God and his spirit and blessing.  


Thanks for reading...let me know what you think,


Love, Heidi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment