Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ugh...Lukewarm People...




So, chapter four of Crazy Love was pretty tough to get through.


Did it bother anyone else to see it written as "LUKEWARM PEOPLE"...in all capital letters?  It made quite a statement at the beginning of each paragraph and was really difficult for me to read over and over again.  To think that the LUKEWARM person is one who's lost it's saltiness.  "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?  It is fit neither for the soil nor the manure pile; it is thrown out." Luke 14:34-35


To not be suitable to be used, to not be able to help produce fruit as Jesus would have me do just breaks my heart.  


Am I LUKEWARM?


I don't want to be LUKEWARM...I don't even want to consider myself in that category.  


But as it said in 2 Corinthians 13:5, "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in faith; test yourselves.  Do you realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless, of course, you fail the test?"


There was a line at the bottom of page 78 of Crazy Love,  "The truth is, their lives wouldn't look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God."


Have you ever thought about that question before?  


Does Christianity just look like a happy face I put on each day.  I don't swear or chew or hang with girls that do? (sorry, couldn't help myself... =D)


I keep thinking of what my life would look like if I just stopped believing in God...I don't know how I would actually do that, but would it really look different?  Would I just look like a nice person who does the right thing most of the time?  


I want to look like a true follower of Jesus.  I want to be salty, full of flavor and life and risk in God's name.  


How are you feeling with the LUKEWARM litmus test?  














  

No comments:

Post a Comment