Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh boy...I need to get over me...



This second posting in the Crazy Love series is all about...well, me...or you, however you would prefer to see it.


God loves me.


He totally loves me.


He absolutely, without a doubt, no excuses....LOVES ME.


Why do I walk around as if He doesn't?


I completely resonated with some of the concepts in the third chapter of Crazy Love.  He spent some time talking about his relationship with his dad.  In examining my own life, I don't have a bad relationship with my dad, in fact, on all accounts my dad and I are pretty good.  But there was one line that struck me, Chan said: "I tried hard not to annoy God with my sin or upset Him with my little problems.  I had no aspiration of being wanted by God; I was just happy not to be hated or hurt by Him." (p.54)


Does that concept hit home with anyone else?  It can't just be me...


So much of my time with my Heavenly Father I spend thinking about confessing all the things I've done wrong, just so I can stay in His good graces...and then I always throw in the "cover prayer" (as I like to call it) and I say, "Lord, please forgive me for the things I've done that I'm completely unaware of..."  It's the little thing I toss on top, like the cherry on top of my hot fudge sundae offering....


Confession is crucial for a healthy relationship with God, but I spend very little time thinking of His love.  Jesus said the two greatest commands were to love God and love others as yourself....I'm not spending a whole lot of time loving God...I just want to avoid trouble.  When I really put it down on paper it sounds totally ridiculous.  Of course I'm not in trouble with God - I'm clean!  I'm justified through Jesus! So, why do I walk around carrying an entirely different attitude?


I don't know about you...but I'm ready to shed off that old me, and put on some new me.  Spend more time loving God and loving others as I love myself.  I desire to be wanted by God...because I am!  I am loved truly and deeply by God, not just because I try to do right by Him...but because He has made me right for Him...and He made me right because of Jesus....now that's some Crazy Love right there!   


Oh, Father I truly adore you so much...and I know that you adore me too.  Help me (hence the photo attached to this posting) to walk around in the truth that I am fully known and loved by you...and let my heart and attitude in everything reflect Your precious love.

No comments:

Post a Comment