Saturday, November 5, 2011

God's in Crazy Love with me...



So, here's the first blog post for Crazy Love.

What do you think of the book so far?

I, for one, am diggin' the book.  It's hitting me right between the eyes this week.  

There's a few paragraphs in the second chapter I'm stewing on...the stuff on stress and worry.  Did that get to anyone else?

I'm a wife, a mom, a small group coach and leader, and I work for this amazing church, so does my husband...I've got stuff on my plate!  Some stuff I'm stressing over; there are things I want to go "just right."  And I justify being a little crazy and exhausted and worried because I'm doing God's work...as if God couldn't do it without me.

OUCH!

It's not that I consciously think that God couldn't do the work without me, if I stopped long enough to really think about it I would see the complete ridiculousness of this statement...God does not, in any way, need me to get His work done....but He's using me to get His work done.  

He's allowing me to do the good things that He set out before me a long, long time ago...why on earth do I worry and stress about how to get His work done, when He's the one in control.  God is loving and worthy of my trust, why on earth can't I stop and remember that as the panic and worry starts to set in.  

Oh, Lord!  Help me to remember how big you are and how much you love your people...how much you love me...and even if I fail, your will can still be accomplished.

Curious how you're doing with Crazy Love so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment