Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beautiful Feet and the Good News of Jesus...


How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news! 
Romans 10:15

This has long been one of my very favorite verses.  In my small group this past week I came to the realization I was struggling with parts of the good news of Jesus.


I realized that I frequently confess stuff I've done to God.  I confess my anger or impatience, my struggles, my grumpy untrusting, unfaithful heart.  I also say (almost daily)..."and Lord, please forgive the things I've done that I don't even know I did."  


It's like the ultimate last minute, "Whew...I think I got it all."


Huh,..."I think I got it all God."  I think I was able to confess everything so somehow I can appear clean to you.  I know I'm clean because you see me through the filter of Jesus...but I still want to make sure I've got every last ounce of yuckiness out...that way I'm covered.  


Huh,..."that way I'm covered?"  Isn't that what Jesus did?  Covered me with His perfect sacrifice so I no longer have to stress about getting it right...about being righteous?  


I think it saddens me to think that after all this time, after this long walk I've had with Jesus for many years now...I still don't have ALL of the good news.  


I know it's part of the journey with Jesus.  I know fully understanding his love, grace and mercy...and fully understanding what He did for me through His death...and His life, I might never wholly grasp while on this planet.  


But...is the good news I'm walking around with look good to others?


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"


That verse has prompted me to ask: How good is my good news?  It should look like the BEST news ANYONE could EVER have...but does it look that way?  What do people see when they see me?


Do people see the work of the gospel, of the good news, when they see me?  If they don't...how can I really help bring the good news to others?


How about you...how good is your good news?


Curious what you're thinking out there in blogger-land...would love to hear from you.


H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment